Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Here comes the Bride...

It’s been a while since I’ve posted a Daphne story, so here’s one that I hope will brighten your day.


It was typical morning at that girl’s home. Daphne didn’t want to get out bed, like usual, but eventually I got all my girls up, bathed, dressed and ready for school. Daph helped me fold sheets that had just been washed and somehow she found an old mosquito net in the pile. She grabbed the mosquito net, placed it on her head and started singing “Here comes the bride…” She then grabbed a dirty shirt to hold as her “bouquet” and chose one of our kittens to be her groom. Just another typical day in Daphne's World.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ariana, So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and also was able to stop by your blog "Daphne"s World" and the blog on it " Here comes the Bride". Well seeing your heart's desire to be in the missions field, I just felt that why not to extend an invitation to you to come to Mumbai, India to work with us in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor to share the good news of Jesus Christ and to give them new hope and futures. We have an out reach ministry to the poorest of poor in the slums of Mumbai to bring healing to the broken hearted. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us on a long / short term missions trip. My email is is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in this great city where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We encourage young people as well as adults from the west to come to work with us. Looking forward to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete